Skip Sub Menu
Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity at Drake
Drake University values diversity as an institutional strength that encompasses a broad range of human differences. Our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion acknowledges the role Drake University can play in redressing historic injustices that result in continued marginalization of members of specific groups, and seeks to understand and respond to contemporary calls for inclusivity as necessitated by social justice. Drake University moves past mere tolerance of diversity and creates a culture of inclusion that sees diversity of identities, backgrounds, and ideas as fundamental to our excellence and success as an institution.
At Drake University we commit to:
- Devoting time and resources to ensuring the equitable treatment of all students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, and visitors to campus.
- Intentionally recruiting and retaining students, faculty, and staff with diverse identities, backgrounds, and ideas. These differences include, but are not limited to, race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic background, cognitive ability, physical ability, religion and spirituality, value system, national origin, immigration or refugee status, veteran status, and political beliefs.
- Ensuring all students, faculty, staff, alumni, community members, and visitors feel that they have been treated with respect.
- Teaching all faculty, staff, and students to recognize discrimination and oppression, as well as giving each individual tools to address and prevent it.
- Recognizing and nurturing our different, unique identities.
Important Admission Dates