PROGRAM OVERVIEW Students electing to pursue a concentration in Primate Studies will:
- Develop an awareness and depth of understanding for primate evolutionary history, behavior, and conservation.
- Engage in a significant experiential learning experience involving research on primatology in Des Moines or abroad.
- Pursue breadth outside of specific primatology courses so that students can gain an appreciation for how the science of primatology fits in with larger scientific or cultural issues. Students will thus attain significant professional preparation for a graduate program in Primatology.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONCENTRATION Required Core Classes (12 credits)
- BIO98: Introduction to Primatology (3 credits)
- PSYCH129: Primate Cognition and Learning (3 credits)
- ENSP127: Primate Conservation (3 credits)
- BIO197/ENSP197/PSYCH192: Primatology Practicum / Capstone (3 credits)
- Plus at least two electives from an approved list