One or more payment options are available to students with account balances not covered by pending financial aid, depending on the circumstances:
Payment in full
- Students and authorized users may pay outstanding balances online using the online payment portal on the My Drake Account or Parents tab in blueView.
- Electronic checks and all major credit cards are accepted. Please note that a 2.75% convenience fee is charged for online credit card payments for tuition and fees.
- International wire transfers are also accepted. Please contact the Student Accounts office for assistance.
- Payments may also be made by mail or in person at the Cashier Office, room 115, Old Main.
- Students and authorized users may set up a payment plan using the online payment portal on the My Drake Account or Parents tab in blueView. There is a plan available for the Fall term and for the Spring term, each consisting of four payments with fixed payment dates. There is no payment plan for the summer term.
- A non-refundable $30 setup fee must be paid at the time the payment plan is setup.
- A $25 late fee will be charged for each installment not paid on time.
- Payment Plans must be set up by the tenth business day of the term.
- Drake University employees and their dependents may be eligible for a rebate covering all or a portion of their tuition. Activity and Technology fees are not covered by the rebate.
- Full information and forms are available on the Human Resources website.
- Drake graduate students receiving tuition benefits from their employers may apply for an employer deferment on the My Drake Account tab in blueView.
- A non-refundable $35 setup fee must be paid at the time the deferment is requested.
- To complete the deferment, confirmation of payment by the employer must be sent to the Student Accounts office.
- Employer Deferment Plans must be set up by the tenth business day of the term.