Message from the Director
Welcome to Drake’s Data Analytics website! We’re proud to be one of a handful of schools in the country offering an undergraduate program in Data Analytics.
What is Data Analytics?
- It’s a way of using mathematics, statistics, and computer science to find hidden relationships using data in areas like economics, genomes, sports, business, twitter feeds, politics—you name it!
- It’s one of the fasting growing fields in the world. There are expected to be hundreds of thousands of new jobs in this field by the time you graduate.
- It’s exciting. If you’ve seen the movie Moneyball, you’ve seen Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill use data analytics bring the Oakland A’s into the playoffs.
- With our 10 data analytics specialties, you can learn to apply the analytical tools you acquire in the major to a variety of areas including actuarial ccience and insurance, biology, e-commerce, computer science, economics, finance, marketing, and mathematics.
- It’s the answer to the question, "What can do I with my degree?"
Look over the information in these pages, and if you have any questions please contact me.
Dr. Daniel S. Alexander
Professor of Mathematics/Associate Department Chair
College of Arts & Sciences
233 Howard Hall