1. A new athletic training classroom and lab is being planned for athletic training classes.
2. Students will be able to take 17 credits in a concentrated area of learning. These will be determined as new faculty are hired but could include: concussions, diabetes, or other areas.
3. A variety of clinical sites both in the Des Moines area and throughout the state/region for students to complete hours in.
4. There will be substantial interprofessional education opportunities on campus with pharmacy and occupational therapy faculty, staff and students, as well as off campus with a variety of healthcare professionals.
5. Students will take a series of courses in Professional Development which will perpare them for certification and careers in athletic training.