The mission of the Pre-Medical Club is to promote professional and social interaction between all undergraduate premedical students, faculty, and community members in the medical field thereby offering mentoring services, as well as professional, social, leadership, and service opportunities. The student Pre-Medical Club works alongside a faculty Pre-Medical Committee.
Past activities include: senior panel, bone marrow donor drive, medical student information panel. Future plans include mentor program, service project through Peace Corps in Africa, and social events.
The benefits of joining include:
- opportunity to interact with faculty and students that allows your questions to be answered and get pointed in the right direction
- access to current medical school information pamphlets and booklets and advice for studying the MCAT
- outside resources when looking for a job, volunteer opportunities, or shadowing experiences with doctors
- information on: M.D., M.D./Ph.D., D.O., P.A. schools
- volunteer and job shadowing contacts
For more information on the Drake Premedical Organization, contact the Student President, Mitchell Hooyer, or the Committee Chair, Dr. Gholam Mirafzal, or email firstname.lastname@example.org