Changes in Student Needs
The Risk Management Basic Process:
0. Create a Summary List of Event Activities to run through the RM Analysis Process. Also include what are the benefits of having this event.
1. Identify and Analyze Exposures to Loss
ð List of what are potential risks for this event – what could go wrong.
2. Examine risk management tools to handle exposure
ð List what can be done to make each exposure least risky and still hold event.
3. Select the appropriate tool: accept all risk, limit the acceptance, transfer to other, avoid it
ð Accept all risk for the event
ð Accept some of the risk for the event. (Identify those activities and risks)
ð Transfer the risk to other via indemnification language in contract/agreement, releases or waivers, certificates of insurance with additional insured restriction, etc.
ð Avoid the risk by not doing that activity
4. Implement the chosen tool
ð Choose and Communicate what the tool means and what measures to take to ensure it is in place, e.g., contract language, release/waiver, certificates of insurance with additional insured process.
5. Monitor the results of the choice
ð Monitor Results
ð Changes to Implement for next time
Check List Risk Assessment Process: Identify, Analyze(assess), Select, Implement and Monitor. (Form download)