PURPOSE: Provide policy and processes for After Hours Building Access.
Because of their special nature and because reasonably adequate controls already exist for these facilities, the residence halls, the Olmsted Center, the Black Cultural Center, La Casa Cultural and athletic facilities are not covered by this policy.
Each administrative or academic building is assigned to one of three following categories:
Category 1: Buildings where general access is permitted after normal business hours as well as after regular classroom hours, but not later than 1:00 a.m.
Category 2: Buildings where general access is permitted after normal business hours is expected, but is not after regular classroom hours; and,
Category 3: Buildings where general access is not permitted after normal business hours.
"Normal business hours" are when the administrative buildings are unlocked, usually from 7:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. on regular workdays during the week.
"Regular classroom hours" for a building are when its doors are unlocked for classroom access, usually from 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. on Monday through Thursday and 5:00 p.m. on Friday, and, for some buildings, at limited times on Saturday.
During a period of "general access" anyone, not otherwise prohibited or barred from campus, may be in the building. At times other than "general access," the following individuals are authorized to be in a particular building:
1. Faculty and staff with Drake photo ID.
2. Student with a Drake photo ID AND a uniform, pre-approved pass issued by that building's specified manager or his or her designate. An After Hours Building Access Pass must be filled out prior to access. The building manager will provide Security a list of persons designated to authorize after hour access to the building. The building manager will be responsible to regulate access with the use of building monitors in the evenings and weekends. Any building manager may require students to be in groups of two or more to be issued a pass.
3. All others are not permitted in the building at such times, unless accompanied by faculty or staff.
4. Building access during holiday/university closings will be limited to faculty, staff and contractors. Persons authorizing contractors to enter the buildings at these times, need to notify Security and the building manager of the contractor's presence and send a copy of the completed After Hours Building Access Pass to the building manger and Secuirty Minimum staffing levels in Security are administered during holiday/university closing periods. Students will not be allowed for their own safety into these basically unstaffed buildings during the closings.
5. Other special arrangements will be made by the Dean of Journalism and the appropriate faculty for campus media who use Meredith after hours, i.e., the Times Delphic and the Broadcasting group.
Building Access Categories
During the category access times, the following are permitted access to the buildings:
1. Faculty and staff with photo ID.
2. Students with photo ID and pre-approved After Hours Building Access Pass signed by building manager.
3. All others are NOT authorized access, UNLESS accompanied by a faculty or staff member.
|Cowles Library||Head Librarian|
|Opperman Hall||Head Law Librarian|
|Studio Arts||Dean Arts & Sciences|
|Aliber Hall||Dean College of Business and Public Administration|
|Carnegie||Chief Information Officer|
|Carnegie||Director Financial Aid|
|Carnegie||Dean Arts and Sciences|
|Fine Arts Center||Dean Arts and Sciences|
|Fitch Hall||Dean Pharmacy and Health Sciences|
|Harvey Ingham||Dean Pharmacy and Health Sciences|
|Howard Hall||Dean Arts and Sciences|
|Medbury Hall||Dean Arts and Sciences|
|Memorial Hall||Dean School of Education|
|Meredith Hall||Dean School of Journalism|
|Olin Hall||Dean Arts and Sciences|
|Pharm/Science||Dean Pharmacy and Health Sciences|
|Morehouse||Director Residence Life|
|School of Education||Dean School of Education|
|Cole Hall||Vice President, Admission and Financial Aid|
|Dial Center||Chief Information Officer|
|Drake Business Center||Dean College of Business and Public Administration|
|Health Center||Dean of Students|
|The Point||Director Human Resources|
|The Point||Director of International Programs and Services|
|Morehouse||Director Residence Life|
|Old Main/Levitt Hall||Vice President Business and Finance|
|Sheslow Auditorium||Vice President Business and Finance|
|O.E. Scott Chapel||Dean of Arts and Sciences|
|Institutional Development & Alumni||Vice President Alumni and Development|
|Smith Legal Clinic||Dean Law|