Wed 11 Apr 2018 - All Categories
Drake Law CLE Webinar: "Joint Physical Care and Parenting Plans" [Academics]
12:00 PM - 01:00 PM @ Online Only - Co-sponsored by the ISBA. Visit www.drake.edu/law/cle for more information.
Meet & Greet with Jon Bowermaster [Academics]
06:00 PM - 06:45 PM @ Innovation Studio - Prior to Jon Bowermaster’s 7 PM lecture, there will be a Meet & Greet with him in the Innovation Studio, from 6 to 6:45 PM. The Principal Center for Global Citizenship is hosting Bowermaster, 1976 SJMC alum, on campus Tuesday-Wednesday, April 10-11. “Writer, filmmaker and adventurer” Jon Bowermaster’s resume includes:
• Magazine writer and editor, and documentary writer and producer, most prominently with National Geographic
• Six-time grantee of the National Geographic Expeditions Council
• Founder of Oceans 8 Films and One Ocean Media Foundation (he has traveled around the world to create documentaries about the world’s oceans)
• His recent work has been in environmental activism. He and partner actor Mark Ruffalo have written and produced several anti-fracking documentaries.
• His latest project is a series of short documentaries called Hudson River Stories.
Jon Bowermaster talk "From Journalism to Advocacy: 30 Years Reporting on the Planet’s Health" [Academics]
07:00 PM - 09:00 PM @ Meredith Hall, Room 101 (2805 University Ave.) - Jon Bowermaster (JO'76) will discuss his career as a National Geographic adventure journalist, filmmaker and environmental activist. Bowermaster is a six-time grantee of the National Geographic Expeditions Council. He is founder of Oceans 8 Films and One Ocean Media Foundation, reporting on the health of the world’s oceans. His recent work has been in environmental activism, including anti-fracking films and a series of short documentaries on the Hudson River. Sponsors: School of Journalism and Mass Communication and Principal Center for Global Citizenship.