Skip Sub Menu

Resources for Drake Students

Students often are aware when their friends and peers are struggling and can provide insight as to how the student is doing in all areas of life.

We encourage students to submit a CARE referral when they feel that a concern is significant or they do not know how to help. Helping a friend is admirable, but you do not need to do it alone. Your self-care is equally important.

Conversation Starters

  • "Have you talked to anyone at Drake about this situation?"
  • "Let’s ask a staff or faculty member if there’s an office where we can go for help."
  • "Let’s contact the CARE case manager and see how we can get you the resources you need."

Some common areas of concern we see from students are the following:

  • Academic concern (you notice your friend or classmate isn’t going to class)
  • Safety concern
  • Emotional and mental health
  • Student Counseling Services referral
  • Student Disability Services referral
  • Student Health referral (illness, injury)

Resources are available to students both on and off campus. Helpful resources can be found under Campus Services on the Information for Students page.

CARE referrals are not for emergencies. In an emergency, call Drake Public Safety at 515-271-2222 or 911.

Submit a CARE Referral 

Other Resources