All students preparing for licensure as a teacher must meet the following criteria on a continuing basis:
- Completion of the Drake Curriculum (AOIs) or an equivalent program at another college or university, including one college-level mathematics or statistics course.
- Completion of the elementary or secondary education major with at least a “C” in all education and endorsement courses.
- Completion of an approved teaching endorsement area(s). Elementary education students must complete a teaching concentration area or field of a minimum of 24 credits; secondary education students must complete a teaching field of at least 30 credits. A second teaching field or a second endorsement area is also recommended.
- Maintenance of at least a 2.50 cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale) for undergraduate students.
- Maintenance of at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.00 scale) for graduate students.
- Demonstration of all INTASC Standards at the appropriate level.
- Demonstration of Drake-defined Professional Dispositions at the appropriate level.