Admittance to a School of Education graduate program requires successful completion of a bachelor's degree, with a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA. Programs beyond the master's level may require additional academic experience. Individuals that do not meet the GPA requirement should contact the Coordinator of Graduate Admission for further information.
Students may be eligible to complete six to seven credit hours before being admitted to a program. Please contact the School of Education for more details.
Application deadlines are specific to each program.
Coordinator of Graduate Admission, School of Education
To complete the application process, submit the following:
- Online Graduate Education Application and Electronic Supporting Documents
- Electronic copy of professional resume/curriculum vitae
- Electronic copy of essay indicating why you wish to pursue the program, your personal and professional goals, and how the program will enhance your career (program requirements may differ)
- Reference Contacts (additional information provided within online application) Individuals applying to an Endorsement-Only program are exempt from the recommendation requirement
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- Official scores from one of the following exams. Individuals applying to an endorsement which consists of 12 credit hours or less are exempt from testing requirements. Doctoral Applicants must complete either the GRE or the MAT
- MAT/MST Degree students must also submit PRAXIS Core scores. The School of Education minimum acceptable score is a composite (reading + writing + math) of 448.
Online application materials will automatically be forwarded to the School of Education. Please mail transcripts and test scores to:
Coordinator of Graduate Admission
Drake University School of Education
3206 University Avenue
Des Moines, Iowa 50311-4505