Welcome to Drake’s College of Business and Public Administration! This is an exciting time to be part of the Des Moines and Drake communities. Des Moines enjoys many accolades as a top city in which to live, work, and learn. As such, the Des Moines metro area serves as our learning laboratory. We immerse students in real world problems with real businesses and community organizations, allowing students to roll up their sleeves and hone their skills under the tutelage of business and community leaders and faculty experts.
While I am new to the Drake community, I have come to realize that Drake is truly a special place, and I am certain that you will discover this as well. Here’s why:
- Students First – Our faculty and staff are deeply committed to helping students find their passions, and to instilling in them a global mindset, business acumen, and skill sets necessary to launch and sustain their careers.
- Personalization – As a mid-sized university, Drake is just the right size to offer an abundance of opportunities while maintaining a personal touch. Our faculty and staff know students by name and work directly them as mentors to construct individualized learning and development plans.
- First-Rate Programs – We offer an array of market-relevant programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Whatever you aspire to achieve, we have a program that will suit your needs and enable your career passions.
- Industry Connections – Our faculty are experts in their disciplines and well connected to the business community. These connections, along with our worldwide Bulldog alumni network, can open doors and create myriad opportunities for students.
- Student Outcomes –We are incredibly proud of our employment outcome measures, which outpace national averages when it comes to placement rates and starting salaries.
- Tangible Value – Drake provides a strong value proposition, transformative experiences, life-long connections and memories, and a resilient education. Students often pursue multiple areas of study, both within and outside of business to enhance their credentials. Many finish their programs early, thereby saving money and jump-starting their careers and earning potential.
Thank you for your interest in Drake’s College of Business and Public Administration. We look forward to having you join our learning community. Please let us know how we can help and what questions you may have.
Daniel J. Connolly, Ph.D.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 515.271.2872