Wednesday, May 20th, 2015
Drake’s College of Business and Public Administration held its Graduate Student of the Year awards ceremony at West End Architectural Salvage on May 7, 2015. The college recognized four graduate students and a faculty member at the event.
The awards were given to the following:
• Darcie Berry, Master of Accounting Student of the Year
• Kara Smith, Master of Business Administration Student of the Year
• Cody Stamm, Master of Financial Management Student of the Year
• Amy O’Shaughnessy, Master of Public Administration Student of the Year
• Matthew Mitchell, Graduate Faculty Member of the Year
Kara Smith, MBA student of the year, said, “It is a great honor to be named MBA Student of the Year. Balancing the program with work and family was a challenge through the last three years, but a rewarding one. It was rewarding to be recognized by the College for my efforts.”
Danette Kenne, assistant dean of the College of Business and Public Administration said that commitment to the program is the reason they reward the students.
“The opportunity to recognize these students is something we see as very valuable and it speaks to their efforts and contributions in and outside of the classroom,” said Kenne. “These students are balancing many things including families, work, and other priorities. This honor speaks to their commitment to their personal and professional development.”
For more information, contact Dianna Gray at email@example.com or 515-271-2188.