Drake University’s Teach in China program has a simple online application through the platform Terra Dotta and an in-person interview.
The deadline for applying to Teach in China 2017-2018 is March 1, 2017. Applications must be submitted by 12:00 PM CST.
Terra Dotta will be the general portal for document collection and post-acceptance program requirements. Details will be shared with applicants throughout the process.
Applicants who demonstrate the emotional maturity to adapt to living and working in a new culture and who successfully show how this program supports their personal and/or professional goals will be offered a place to Teach in China. While teaching experience is not a requirement to participate, gaining teaching, mentoring, or tutoring experience is highly encouraged and those with this experience will have more options for placement.
There are three main steps in applying and securing your place in the Teach in China program:
1. Online application through Terra Dotta. Deadline is 12:00 PM CST on March 1, 2017.
2. In-person interview with Teach in China program staff. Skype interviews are possible in specific cases.
3. Deposit. If you have been offered placement with the program, we require a $250 non-refundable deposit (that goes toward your overal program fee) to secure your commitment to Teach in China.
4. Pay the Program Fee. For Drake graduates, the program fee is $1,500 and for non-Drake graduates it is $1,950. Please see the program's FAQ page for more details about what the fee covers.
(Further details provided within application)
1. Short Questionnaire: General questions about yourself in relation to the program.
2. Statement of Purpose: 700-800 words specifying how this program supports your personal and/or professional goals.
3. Two letters of recommendation: one academic and one professional
4. Resume: Highlighting any teaching, mentoring, or tutoring experience.
5. Transcript: An official hard copy is required. See Supporting Materials below.
6. Diploma (Optional): A scanned PDF if you have already graduated.
1. Go to the Terra Dotta website (http://drake-sa.terradotta.com/)
2. Click on “Programs”
3. Under “Simple Search”, Show: “Outgoing”, Name: “Teach in China”, Term: “Post-grad Teaching”
4. Click on the Program Name
5. On the brochure page, click “Apply Now”
6. Create profile and begin application. You may save and log out at any point.