Real Coaching (EDMA 170)
This course will not be offered after the Summer 2014 term. Click here for details.
3 Hours of Credit
Real Coaching is a video course designed for those who lead sports. Enroll and learn how to answer these coaching questions:
- Am I doing a good job?
- I’m burned out as a coach – now what?
- How do I continue to motivate athletes?
- Do I use a hot or cold treatment on a sports injury?
- How do I create a "team?"
- Where do I find a realistic drug and alcohol prevention program for my sport?
- What if I disagree with the head coach?
- What do I tell the media?
- I'm just starting my coaching career – how do I prepare for the future?
- Developing a Coaching Philosophy
- Sports Psychology
- Teaching Sports
- Sport Physiology
- Sport Management
- Fairness and Ethics
- Working with People
- Things They'll Never Tell You About Coaching
- Athletics, Coaching and the Future
This course is available on DVD.
Dennis Green, Former Head Coach, Minnesota Vikings
Angie Lee, Former Head Women's Basketball Coach, University of Iowa
Lou Holtz, Former Head Coach, University of Notre Dame
Lisa Bluder, Former Head Women's Basketball Coach, Drake University, Head Coach, University of Iowa
Thomas Tutko, Sport Psychologist, San Jose State University, Consultant to Dallas Cowboys and several other NFL teams
Vivian Fuller, Athletic Director, University of Maryland—Eastern Shore
Richard L. Schwab, Dean, University of Connecticut School of Education