Steps to a successful partnership
The Drake Commitment relies on students being partners in their own success.
To reap the full benefits of the Commitment, students must:
- Have appropriate high school preparation and English language proficiency.
- Be a full-time, degree seeking first-year student who follows the outlined 4-year course of study plan for graduation published for a single major and maintains that program’s academic progression and requirements.
- Successfully complete all prerequisites and required courses and GPA requirements that may be specified for an internship or undergraduate research.
- Actively engage with their adviser, Professional & Career Development Services, and/or department or college to discuss and determine appropriate internship or research opportunities.
- Register for January Term during the appropriate designated period and, for travel seminars, pay the required deposit by the due date and fulfill other pre-course responsibilities. (Note: Course enrollment is determined by seniority; preferred courses may not be available.)
Schedule a Visit Apply Now