'Paul Morrison' Service Week
In celebration of National Volunteer Week
This Spring, many groups are collaborating to put together a week of service and community engagement events. Paul Morrison Service Week will be celebrated April 18-25, 2018, to honor the legacy of Mr. Morrison. Paul Morrison, or "Mr. Drake," was a long-time beloved figure on Drake's campus who passed away in November of 2017. This week is also held in celebration of National Volunteer Week.
All are welcome to join! Contact email@example.com for more information.
Pre-Registration is required for most events, follow the links below to sign-up.
||Free Tshirt: First 250 students to register for events marked with an asterisk* will receive a free #DrakeServes t-shirt; sizing and quantities limited.
||Give Aways: Stop by the Olmsted Breezeway during the week to pick up some freebies and let us know why being involved in the community is important to you! April 18, 10am-2pm; April 19, 12-4pm; April 20, 2-4pm, April 25, 10am-noon.
Wednesday, April 18
Thursday, April 19
Friday, April 20
- Fraternity and Sorority Life Community Engagement Showcase and Panel, 10-11:15am, Levitt Hall in Old Main. Come hear about what makes a successful partnership and learn about the various ways FSL chapters have engaged in the community this past year.
- Adams Leadership Convocation Student Award Ceremony, 12:15-1:15pm in Sheslow Auditorium. Awards will be given recognizing outstanding achievements in leadership and service.
- 6th Avenue Corridor Earth Day Cleanup*. Shifts are 9am-12pm, and 1-4pm. Lunch provided for all volunteers from 12-1pm in the basement of Trinity Las Americas United Methodist Church. See Facebook for more information and Register Here.
Saturday, April 21
- Habitat for Humanity Panel Build, parking lot across from Old Main. Register Here.
- Sack Lunch Buddies with St. Luke's and Alpha Phi Omega, 10am, Pomerantz Stage in Olmsted. Sack Lunch Buddies is a program designed to offer a supplemental meal to children who may not have access to much food at home.
Sunday, April 22
Wednesday, April 25
- Drake Neighborhood Spring Spruce-Up and Social in Drake Park*. Help remove litter and spruce up neighborhood streets in preparation of thousands of guests who will be arriving for Drake Relays. Meet at the Walgreens on 31st and University at 5:30pm (trash bags and gloves will be provided), and then join fellow Drake Neighborhood residents at Drake Park for socializing, refreshments, and yard games. Register Here.
Thank you to all of the partners collaborating on this weeklong celebration, including LEAD Concentration, National Alumni Scholars, Drake Chapter Habitat for Humanity, SAB, Fraternity and Sorority Life, the Drake Neighborhood Association, Service Learning Ambassadors, the Engaged Citizen Corps, and the Office of Community Engaged Learning & Service.