Officially Documented Complaints

If still unresolved after following the appropriate informal complaint procedures, the student may choose to have the issue "officially documented." Each college and school and each non-curricular unit has procedures for official complaints and appeals. All of these are consistent with the following general procedures.

  • An explanation of the concern or appeal is submitted to the Office of the Dean of the college/school or Director of the appropriate unit.
    • It will be necessary that you be able to demonstrate that you already have attempted to resolve the concern through the informal procedures.
    • To establish official documentation, the complaint or appeal must be submitted in writing and must include the name, college, contact information of the person filing the complaint, and a brief description of the circumstances including who has been involved and current status.
  • Students must refer to the respective college or department policies for submission and response timelines and procedures. Unit procedures will be followed in resolving formal complaints.
University News
September 12, 2014
Gereon Kopf, associate professor of religion at Luther College, will deliver a lecture titled “When Expression is Expressed, Non-Expression is Not-Expressed: A Zen Buddhist Approach to Talking About the Ineffable” as part of The Comparison Project’s fall 2014 programming.