National Alumni Association announces new board members
Thursday, May 29th, 2014
The Drake University National Alumni Association recently appointed seven new members to its board of directors and elected five new executive positions. The new members directly support the mission of the Drake University National Alumni Association, which works to provide both Drake and its alumni with a channel for meaningful participation in University matters.
The seven new board of directors members are:
- Tim Coonan, AS’96, LW’02, director of government relations for the Iowa Association of Electric Cooperatives
- Sally Holmberg, ED’63, GR’69, GR’83, GR’94, retired
- Laura Myers, AS’95, dermatologist for McFarland Clinic
- Crystal Nance, JO’10, AS’10, manager of community development for the northern region of the Girl Scouts of NE Kansas and NW Missouri
- Zach Nunn, AS’02, senior intelligence officer for the U.S. Air Force (Major), and owner/ cyber security entrepreneur for Nunn Enterprises, L.L.C.
- Brian Reisetter, PH’85, GR’87, founding partner for Medical Marketing Economics, L.L.C.
- Nikki Syverson, JO’03, event director for the Des Moines Wine Festival Foundation
The five new executive positions are:
- President: Emily Abbas, JO’97, GR’09, executive director of public relations for Strategic America
- Chair: Paul Doucette, BN’97, executive director of government relations for science and technology programs for Battelle
- Secretary: Shawna Kasner-Hannam, AS’97, GR’00, senior executive sales representative for Eli Lilly & Co.
- Vice President, Networking Committee: Nicole Trembley, JO’97, senior vice president for Fleishman Hillard
- Vice President, Student/Alumni Relations Committee: John V. Miller, BN’82, managing director and head of municipal sales and trading for Piper Jaffray
The National Alumni Association Board of Directors is dedicated to facilitating alumni understanding of University goals and provides a vehicle for consulting alumni on significant issues. The board also promotes meaningful relationships between alumni and Drake.
The new board members will serve three-year terms. Duties include serving on committees, attending board meetings, and acting as board representatives in their respective communities to promote the board and the University’s goals. The group will gather three times a year on Drake’s campus to discuss new developments and upcoming events.
For more information on the National Alumni Association, contact Blake Campbell at email@example.com or 515-271-3077.