CPHS Faculty and Students Awarded
Friday, December 5th, 2014
Recent Faculty & Student Awards and Publications
- Craige Wrenn published a paper:
C.C. Wrenn, A.M. Heitzer, A.K. Roth, L. Nawrocki and M.G. Valdovinos, Effects of clonidine and methylphenidate on motor activity in fmr1 knockout mice, Neuroscience Letters 585 (2015) 109-113.
- John Rovers and Aaron Beck, P3 student published a manuscript:
John Gitua, Aaron Beck and John Rovers, Quality and Stability of artemether-lumefantrine stored under ambientconditions in rural Mali, Malaria Journal 2014.
The College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences was well-represented at the Des Moines University Research Symposium, held on December 4, 2014. The following awards were received:
- Selected for oral presentation: Biosynthesis of MBX-2168 Triphosphate in Herpes Virus-Infected Cells
Hannah Sauer, Marie Nguyen, Brian Gentry
- Best poster award, undergraduate biomedical division: Identification and Sequencing of the GSTP1 Gene and Transcript(s) in Dogs
Keller Toral and James Sacco
- Best poster award, undergraduate movement science division: Effects of a Pre-Exercise Supplement on Anaerobic Power and Blood Lactate Levels in Males and Females
Bradley Duwe and Kimberly Huey
Other posters presented at the event:
- Pharmacological Enhancement of Anti-Viral DNA Polymerase Inhibitors via Reduction of Endogenous Nucleoside Triphosphates
Joseph Zieminski, Laura Vollmer, Brian Gentry
- DNA Polymerase Inhibitors Enhance the Anti-Viral Effect of Terminase Inhibitors When Used in Combination Against HCMV
Mary Shea O’Brien and Brian Gentry
- Effects of VEGF Loss on Muscle Hypertrophy and Growth Factor Responses Induced by Functional Overload in Mice
Christopher Lee, Ellen Breen, Kimberly Huey
Congratulations to our outstanding students and faculty!