Ed.D.: Doctor of Education in Leadership
Requirements for Completion
Requirements of the doctoral program include:
- Completion of a minimum of 42-credits (to include required courses and dissertation studies) maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Continual enrollment in 6-credit hours (two courses) during the fall, spring and summer semesters of the program's first two years and the fall semester of the third year (these are dissertation credit hours). See the Program Course page for description of courses and sequence.
- Satisfactory performance on the comprehensive exam typically given at the end of coursework but prior to the start of the dissertation project.
- Upon completion of coursework and 9-credits of dissertation hours, maintaining an enrollment of 1-credit of dissertation hours until the dissertation is completed and successfully defended.
- Completion of doctoral studies, including dissertation, within 10 years of admission.
- Abiding by all policies and procedures as outlined in the Drake University School of Education Doctoral Program Handbook.