Building Communication and Teamwork in the Classroom (EDEX 156)
3 Semester Hours of Graduate Credit
Reach a new level of positive communication with strategies necessary to foster an emotionally engaging classroom where students are connected to school, learning, and one another. Specific strategies are provided in the following areas: teacher leadership, communication and listening, positive thinking and support, and team building.
Learn the best methods for connecting with students.
- Experience connecting strategies that motivate and engage students.
- Develop a plan for dealing with challenging students.
- Acquire techniques for building relationships with students.
- Gain a repertoire of connecting strategies to use in your classroom.
Master positive communication skills.
- Learn powerful skills for reducing student resistances.
- Understand how to establish a positive teacher-student relationship.
- Improve verbal and nonverbal communication to build rapport.
Use team building to create a learning community.
- Participate in hands-on team building activities.
- Understand how to tap student interests to gain cooperation.
- Learn the components of building a supportive classroom team.
Decrease disruptions by using non-confrontational strategies.
- Learn valuable techniques to maintain teacher momentum.
- Avert teacher-student confrontation.
- Develop strategies such as humor, detachment, and statements of feelings.
Create an emotionally safe learning environment.
- Identify how Emotional Intelligence manifests itself in the classroom.
- Learn the extent of your influence over students.
- Understand the teacher leadership characteristics of relational classrooms.
- Teach your students interpersonal skills valuable for success in school and life.
This course is offered through Performance Learning Systems. PLS instructors are experienced classroom teachers and possess excellent facilitation skills.
$440.00 (plus $35 materials fee)