Purposeful Learning Through Multiple Intelligences (EDEX 189)
3 Semester Hours of Graduate Credit
Gain an in-depth understanding of the characteristics of each of the intelligences. Understand the diverse strategies for teaching thought the intelligences and develop various entry points for integrating the intelligences into a school-wide program.
Understand the Multiple Intelligences.
- Identify your own multiple intelligences profile.
- Understand how Gardner's research has identified the intelligences and the criteria upon which the intelligences are validated.
- Recognize how others express multiple intelligences.
Explore Individual Intelligences.
- Identify the subcapacities (skill sets) of each of the multiple intelligences.
- Understand the full dimension of each of the intelligences by experiencing them through various activities.
- Identify instructional strategies used to enhance and support the multiple intelligences.
Incorporate the Intelligences into your classroom.
- Design lessons that integrate the multiple intelligences with course content.
- Learn how to support the multiple intelligences though aspects of your classroom environment.
Create school-wide integrated plans.
- Understand the myths and realities of applying multiple intelligences with other reforms such as Centers, Portfolios, and Thematic Instruction.
- Integrate multiple intelligences into your school's existing school reform.
This course is offered through Performance Learning Systems. PLS instructors are experienced classroom teachers and possess excellent facilitation skills.
$440 (Plus a $35 materials fee)