EHS-Environmental

Mold

Molds grow naturally nearly everywhere on the planet.  A certain amount of molds and their spores will be found indoors, but excessive mold growth not only leads to unpleasant odors, but can create a serious health hazard.

Most unintentional mold growth is due to areas that are damp or high in moisture. Even if the area is below room temperature, mold will find itself right at home. If your home has a damp basement, a dehumidifier is a safe measure to prevent mold growth.

People with asthma are more susceptible to the effects of mold and the environments that mold thrives in. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention discusses the health risks that are centered around mold.

For more information, visit the EPA page on mold.

For questions concerning mold contact the: EHS office

×