Recycling helps save energy and raw materials. Recycling one ton of aluminum cans saves 64,300 kilowatt hours. That is enough energy to light a 100 watt light for over 7 years!
Drake University recycles many products including:
- Fluorescent Lightbulbs - contact your building custodian to have you bulbs picked up
- Batteries - contact the EHS office for pick up.
- Mercury containing items - contact the EHS office for pick up
- Paper - contact the facilities grounds supervisor
- Computers - contact the EHS office and see eWaste
- Printer Toner Cartridges - contact the student government office
For additional information on Recycling visit the Recycling page at: EPA
For question concerning recycling contact the EHS office