Recycling helps save energy and raw materials. Recycling one ton of aluminum cans saves 64,300 kilowatt hours. That is enough energy to light a 100 watt light for over 7 years!
Drake University recycles many products including:
- fluorescent light bulbs - contact your building custodian to have you bulbs picked up
- batteries - contact the EHS office or pick up.
- mercury containing items - contact EHS for pick up
- paper - contact the Facilities grounds supervisor
- computers - contact EHS office and see E-waste
- printer toner cartridges - contact the student government office
For additional information on Recycling visit the Recycling page at: EPA
For question concerning recycling contact the EHS office