Hazardous Waste

Hazardous waste is waste regulated by the EPA and cannot be disposed of in the municipal waste or water.  To dispose of hazardous waste, contact the EHS office to obtain a Drake ID number and EPA waste codes.  All waste must have a hazardous waste label affixed to the container before used and the label must contain the following information:

  • the chemical names of all constituents of the waste
  • no abbreviations are allowed, ie AgNO3
  • the first day waste was put in the container
  • the Drake ID number
  • the EPA waste codes

All hazardous waste containers must be kept closed at all times unless adding waste.  All waste must be put in EPA approved containers.  To obtain these, contact the EHS office.  All waste must be kept in a satellite accumulation area, which must be marked with the words "Hazardous Waste". When the container is full, contact the EHS office for pickup.

For further information, visit: EPA Hazardous Waste Webpage

For questions concerning hazardous waste contact: EHS office