The Federal Drug Administration controls the sales and use of drugs in the Unites States. Special interest is shown towards controlled substances, such as opiates, narcotics, marijuana, etc.

In order to use controlled substances in research projects a permit must be obtained from the FDA.

The Environmental, Health and Safety office handles the disposal of all controlled substances.

Contact the EHS office at 271-3125 for assistance in applying for a permit or when disposing of controlled substances.

For further information see: FDA Regulations

University News
April 15, 2014
Drake University’s Principal Financial Group Center for Global Citizenship (PFGCGC) will host a discussion on the Keystone XL Pipeline initiative in collaboration with the Iowa Energy Forum. General James Jones, a former national security advisor, will discuss the benefits of the pipeline initiative.