Fires on college campuses caused deaths and property damages.
In the event of a fire follow these instructions:
1. In the event of a fire alarm sounding leave the building immediately. Do not assume it is a drill.
2. Use the nearest exit.
3. Call Security at 811 (campus phone) or 271-2222.
4. Call 9-911 (campus phone) or 911 on regular phone.
5. Move 200 feet away from building to an assembly area.
6. Do not leave the area until told to do so by Security.
7. Tell your faculty member and notify Security if someone is missing and may still be in the building.
8. Do not enter the building until given all clear by Security.
For more information see the Drake University Emergency Response plan.
For questions contact the EHS office.