Slips, Trips and Falls
Slips, trips and falls are very common injuries that occur on the job. Fortunately, many can be avoided. Slips, trips and falls can be avoid by following a few simple pointers:
- Use the handrail when ascending or descending stairs.
- Call custodial if you discover a wet floor and warn others in the area
- Watch where you are walking
- Do not talk on a cell phone while walking
- Do not carry loads that obstruct your vision
- When working on roofs, on a scaffold or on another elevated area, use a safety harness to prevent a fall in case you slip.
For more information on slips, trips, and falls see: OSHA