Utility Services Department
- Provide 24/7/365 response to HVAC, refrigeration, electrical and "off hour" emergency maintenance issues. To report a problem, call 3955. After office hours the phone transfers to Security who will contact the duty engineer.
- Operate centralized Power Plants used for the production and distribution of steam and chilled water for campus needs.
- Monitor and operate computerized building automation systems (BAS).
- Install and provide regular repair and maintenance for Power Plant, BAS, HVAC, refrigeration and Food Service equipment.
- Install new electrical distribution service and provide regular repair and maintenance of existing electrical distribution service, cabling and equipment.
- Install, repair and maintain audio, video and communication cabling.
- Operate and monitor video, time and score keeping systems and equipment during sporting events.
- All plumbing issues on campus.
Tour the equipment at Forest Avenue Heating Plant
The department consists of 7 Duty Engineers, 8 HVAC technicians and 3 Electricians FTE and 1 plumber.
Facilities Planning & Management: 1422 27th Street
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM