This department consists of 12 Drake employees.
- Spring planting of 130,680 sq. ft. of flowerbeds.
- Preparation and maintenance of all athletic fields for all ball games and practices: football, softball and soccer. There are 11.5 acres of playing fields.
- Mowing, fertilizing and spraying of 52 acres of grass areas.
- Preparation for Drake Relays and track meets.
- Preparation for May graduations.
- Maintaining of campus for Orientations in June and all year for visitors and tour groups.
- Preparation for Homecoming events.
- Winter tree inspections and trimming. There are over 1500 trees on campus.
- Garbage and recycling.
- Snow removal from 20 acres of parking lots and 12.5 miles of sidewalks. At the Knapp Center alone there are the equivalent of 300 sets of household steps that need attention by hand.
- Parking lot and sidewalk resurfacing and repair.
Facilities Planning & Management: 1422 27th Street
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM