Facility Services Key/Lock Department
Excerpts from the Drake University Key Policy
- Individuals will be authorized access through the issuance of keys for only those areas where they have a need to perform their assigned duties on a regular and recurring basis.
- All keys will be issued and returned at Student Services Center (Lower Level Carnegie, east ramp entrance). Keys can only be picked up by the individual requesting the key. Student Services Center will accept all returned keys. Keys can be returned by anyone for anyone.
- A separate key request for each key is required. Incomplete key requests will be returned to the authorizing department.
- Student Services Center provides next day service upon the receipt of a correctly completed key request. Key holders will be notified when their key is ready to be picked up. NOTE: A return date is required on all student requests.
- A responsible individual will be designated to authorize keys and lock changes for each Drake University facility and/or department.
- It is the department's responsibility to notify Student Services Center or Facilities Planning and Management of any name changes, key transfers and/or deaths.
- Keys MUST be returned to the Student Services Center in order to clear an individual's record. Keys are NOT to be handed to another individual without proper transfer documentation.
Facilities Planning & Management: 1422 27th Street
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Student Services Center: Lower Level Carnegie Hall
Academic Year Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday, 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM
Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Sunday: 12:00 PM - 4:00 PM
(Hours during the summer and breaks shorten to 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM)