The Honors Track is an interdisciplinary, discussion-dependent, reading- and writing-intensive alternative to Drake's already innovative general education curriculum.
Honors Program Track requirements:
- One Quantitative Literacy AOI course-- 3 credits
- One Artistic Experience AOI course-- 3 credits
- One Physical or Life Science course with lab-- 4 credits
- HONR 100: Paths to Knowledge-- 4 credits
- 15 additional Honors elective credits*
Total = 29 credit hours
To graduate with a "University Honors" distinction on Drake degree:
- Complete the Honors Program Track (above)
- Complete an Honors Senior Thesis
- Graduate with a 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher
Click here to see a visual guide to general education options (Honors and AOI's)
- *Students on the Honors Track should take a diversified curriculum: no more than 2 Honors or Honors cross-listed courses from the same department or school (i.e., SJMC) may be counted toward the 15 Honors elective credits.
- Any major is compatible with the Honors Track.
- Studying abroad and Drake summer study trips (such as Uganda, England, China, South Africa, and Egypt) can count toward Honors credit.
- A student may apply only one summer web course (cross-listed with Honors) toward Honors Track requirements.
- Honors First Year Practicum is a 1-credit course designed for first-year students to learn about the Honors Program and meet other Honors students. It is not required for participation in the Honors Program.