Summer Institute of Language and Culture
Drake's English as a Second Language Department can design short-term summer programs for special groups. Programs may allow participants to:
- Practice English skills in the "Heartland" of the United States
- Exchange ideas with American university students and others
- Learn American business practices
- Visit several prominent U.S. businesses
- Understand American cultural values
- Learn and live in a safe, friendly environment!
- Housing in a Drake residence hall with access to university computer labs, library, & recreation facilities.
- English conversation groups lead by American Students
- A weekend home stay with an American family
- Small class-size and customized courses designed for the needs and interests of the group. For example:
- Doing Business--American Style
- A Look at the Business World
- The American University Experience
- American Values and Traditions
- Seeing America Through Word Pictures
- The U.S. Educational System
- Current Events
- American Frontier
- American Life and Institutions
For more information contact Davee Matlock at the International Center, email@example.com or 515-271-2084.