ITS Internship Program
An internship with ITS is a place for you to create your own IT project based on any idea to improve ITS processes or activities.
Whatever project you choose to work on, ITS will provide supervision every step of the way—from helping you conceptualize ideas to project planning.
ITS is committed to helping you successfully accomplish your project. Participation in the ITS student internship program allows you to earn one elective credit hour. The ITS student internship program is sponsored by Drake's Mathematics and Computer Science department.
To participate in the internship program you must:
- Work at least one semester as a student technician in ITS before applying.
- Work an extra 3-5 hours/week (paid) in addition to your regular ITS work schedule.
- Discuss your project idea with Joseph Scavo, ITS student internship supervisor.
- Familiarize yourself with the internship expectations (see proposal outline below).
- Complete the proposal outline for review and approval by the ITS student internship supervisor and Tim Urness, Mathematics and Computer Science faculty member.
- Fill out an Independent Study Form and have it signed by the Mathematics and Computer Science department chair.
- Create a project schedule along with the ITS student internship supervisor.
ITS Student Independent Study Proposal Outline
Below is a real-time indicator of the availability of major Drake services.