David McCord Profile
Associate Dean of the Law School
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, Death Penalty
JD – Harvard Law School, cum laude
BA – Illinois Wesleyan University, summa cum laude
Drake Law School professor since 1984
Assistant attorney general for the State of Arizona
Wentworth & Lundin in Phoenix, Ariz.
- Lethal Rejection: An Empirical Analysis of the Astonishing Plunge in Death Sentences in the United States from their Post-Furman Peak, 81 Albany Law Review 1 (co-author) (2017-18).
- The Proposed Capital Penalty Phase Rules of Evidence, 36 Cardozo Law Review 417-497 (co-author) (2014).
- Lethal Connection: The “War on Drugs” and Death Sentencing, 15 Journal of Race, Gender & Justice 1 (2012) (invited symposium paper).
- What's Messing with Texas Death Sentences?, 43 Texas Tech Law Review 601 (2011).
- Death Penalty Cases (co-author) (3d ed., Butterworth-Heinemann, 2010).
- Member of the American Law Institute
- Levitt Distinguished Community Service Award, Drake University
- Iowa Governor's Public Service Award
David McCord Curriculum Vitae