Ellen Yee Profile
Director of International Programs
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Criminal Law, Evidence, Professional Responsibility, Psychiatry and the Law, Trial Advocacy
JD – University of Minnesota, Minnesota Law Review
BA – Yale University, cum laude
Drake Law School Professor since 2005
Visiting assistant professor at Florida State University College of Law
Deputy district attorney for Marin County, California
Judicial extern for The Hon. Franklin L. Noel of the United States District Court, District of Minnesota
- Lawyer Advertising in Iowa After 2012, 62 Drake Law Review 549 (2014) (with Gregory C. Sisk).
- Forfeiture of the Confrontation Right In Giles: Justice Scalia’s Faint-Hearted Fidelity to the Common Law, 100 Journal of Criminal Law & Criminology 1495 (2010).
- Confronting the “Ongoing Emergency”: A Pragmatic Approach to Hearsay Evidence in the Context of the Sixth Amendment, 35 Florida State University Law Review 729 (2008).
- Ohio v. Roberts, in ENCYCLOPEDIA OF THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES (David S. Tanenhaus, editor) (Macmillan Reference USA, 2008).
- Speaker: Expert Evidence: A Lawyer’s Perspective (American College of Osteopathic Neurologists and Psychiatrists Annual Convention and Scientific Seminar, St. Petersburg, FL, March 2010).
- Panel Moderator: Learning from Caperton: Ensuring Judicial Impartiality (American Judicature Society, Des Moines, IA, October 2009).
- Guest Lecturer: Topics in American Criminal Law, Professional Responsibility, and Evidence (Southwest University of Political Science & Law, Chongqing, China, May-June 2006).
- Member of the Board of Directors for the Iowa Asian Alliance
- Member of the Board of Directors for The Homestead
Ellen Yee Curriculum Vitae