Hunter R. Clark Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Art, Cultural Heritage, and the Law, Constitutional Law, International Human Rights, International Trade, State and Local Government Law, U.S. Supreme Court
JD – Harvard Law School
AB – Harvard College, cum laude
Drake Law School professor since 1993
Chief counsel, Chief Financial Officer, District of Columbia
Staff writer for TIME magazine
Fried, Frank, Harris, Shriver & Kampelman in Washington, D.C.
Counsel, Council of the District of Columbia
- How the U.S. News rankings affect American legal education, 91 Judicature 80 (2007).
- Divergence between the United States and European Union on Trade and Other Matters, 10 ILSA Journal of International & Comparative Law 459 (2004).
- Sustainable Economic Development: What the World Owes Africa, and What Africa Owes Itself, 7 Journal of Gender, Race & Justice 75 (2003).
- Justice Brennan: The Great Conciliator (Carol Pub Group, 1995).
- Thurgood Marshall: Warrior at the Bar, Rebel on the Bench (co-author) (Birch Lane Pr, 1992).
- Interviewed on "Booknotes," C-SPAN
- Interviewed on "America and the Courts," C-SPAN
- Brian Lamb Notable Biographers of People Who Shaped America Award (1999)
- Drake University President and Provost’s Special Commendation for Excellent Performance in All Areas of Faculty Performance (1997)
Hunter Clark Curriculum VitaeHunter Clark Curriculum Vitae