James Albert Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Administrative Law, Torts, Media Law, Litigation
JD – Notre Dame Law School, Order of the Coif
BFA – Drake University
Drake Law School professor since 1981
President of the James Arthur Albert Foundation
Chairman of the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board
- The Liability of the Press for Trespass and Invasion of Privacy in Gathering the News—a Call for the Recognition of a Newsgathering Tort Privilege, 45 New York Law School Law Review 331 (2001-2002).
- Jim Bakker: Miscarriage of Justice? (Open Court Publishing, 1998).
- The Constitutionality of Requiring Telephone Companies to Protect Their Subscribers from Telemarketing Calls, 33 Santa Clara Law Review 51 (1993).
- Pay Dirt: Divorces of the Rich and Famous (Branden Books Publishing, 1991).
- The Broadcasters Legal Guide for Conducting Station Contests and Promotions (Bonus Books, 1985).
- Appeared on the "Today Show," "A&E Biography," "Court TV," "The Charles Grodin Show," and in an HBO movie as himself.
- Faculty Award of Excellence, Professional Fraternity Association (2006)
- Outstanding Law Professor of the Nation, Delta Theta Phi International Law Fraternity (1989, 1999, 2002, and 2010)
- Outstanding Professor of the Year, University of South Dakota (1979)
- Leland Stanford Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (1983, 1988, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2004 and 2005)