Jennifer Zwagerman Profile
Director of Career Development
Associate Director of the Agricultural Law Center
Areas of Expertise
Agricultural Law, Food and the Law, Litigation
LLM – University of Arkansas School of Law, Fayetteville
JD – Drake University Law School, highest honors, Order of the Coif, Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, Opperman Scholar
BS – Michigan State University, high honors
Associate director of the Drake Agricultural Law Center since 2015
Drake Law School director of Career Development since 2011
Drake Law School visiting/adjunct professor since 2010
Attorney at Faegre & Benson (n/k/a Faegre Baker Daniels)
Judicial clerk for The Hon. David Hansen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
SYMPOSIUM: Agriculture, Intellectual Property, and Feeding the World in the 21st Century, 4 Texas A & M Law Review 315 (2017).
- In Focus: Examining the New FDA Food Safety Modernization Act, 33 Hamline Journal of Public Law and Policy 123 (2011) (co-author).
- Checking Out the Checkoff: An Overview and Where We Are Now That The Legal Battles Have Quieted, 14 Drake Journal of Agricultural Law 149 (2009).
- Blinded by the Big City Lights: Career Development’s Role in Addressing the Rural Lawyer Crisis, NALP Bulletin (September 2014).
- Starting the Conversation – Mindfulness, Well-Being and Self-Care for Law Students and Young Lawyers, NALP Bulletin (October 2015).
- Food Safety Bill Passes, But Many Questions Remain, National Law Journal (March 2011) (co-author).
- President-elect & Member of the Board of Directors for the American Agricultural Law Association
- NALP – Member of the Board of Directors (2017-present); Annual Education Conference Planning Committee (2016-2017); Technology Innovation Working Group (2015-2016); Chair, Small/Solo CSO Section (2013-2015); Presenter, Annual Education Conference (2013 & 2014)
- Drake Agricultural Law Journal Friend of the Journal Award
- Drake Law Student Bar Association Staff Service Award
- Iowa State Bar Association – Rural Practice Committee, Agricultural Law Section Council, Law Practice Management Committee (2013-2015), Young Lawyer’s Division-5C Representative (2008-2014)