Jerry Anderson Profile
Dean of the Law School
Richard M. and Anita Calkins Distinguished Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Administrative Law, Environmental Law, Natural Resources Law, Property
JD – Stanford Law School, Order of the Coif
BS – University of Kansas (with distinction)
Drake Law School professor since 1991
Visiting professor at Stetson University College of Law
Assistant professor at the University of Oklahoma College of Law
Attorney at Lathrop & Norquist in Kansas City, Mo.
Clerk for The Hon. Alex Kozinski of the U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- Property Law: Practice, Problems and Perspectives (co-author) (Aspen Wolters Kluwer, 2014).
- The Divergent Evolution of English Property Law, Probate & Property, Sept.-Oct. 2015, at 50.
- A Constitutional and Empirical Analysis of Iowa’s Administrative Rules Review Committee Procedure, 61 Drake Law Review 1 (2012) (with Christopher Poynor).
- The Origins and Efficacy of Private Enforcement of Animal Cruelty Law in Britain, 17 Drake Journal of Agricultural Law 263 (2012).
- Environmental Law Practice: Problems and Exercises for Skills Development (3d ed., Carolina Academic Press, 2010).
- Leland Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (2013 and 2006)
- Editorial Board for the Environmental Law Review (Vathek Publishing, UK)
- National award from the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution for "Problem Solving in the Classroom"
- Burlington Northern Award for Innovative Teaching
Jerry Anderson Selected Works
Jerry Anderson Curriculum Vitae