Jonathan Rosenbloom Profile
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Sustainability, Environmental Law, Land Use, State and Local Government, Property
LLM – Harvard Law School
JD – New York Law School, magna cum laude
BArch – Rhode Island School of Design
BFA – Rhode Island School of Design
Drake Law School professor since 2010
Visiting assistant professor at Stetson University College of Law
Senior associate at Reed Smith in Philadelphia, Pa.
Associate director of the Center for New York City Law at New York Law School
Pro se staff attorney for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Judicial clerk for The Hon. Rosemary Barkett of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- RESILIENCE & SUSTAINABILITY: FROM THEORY TO PRACTICE (Aspen Publishers) (co-author Shelley Saxer).
- LAND USE AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT LAW: CASES AND MATERIALS (9th edition West) (co-authors John Nolon, Patricia Salkin, Stephen Miller).
- Local Governments and Global Commons, 2014 Brigham Young University Law Review 1489 (2015).
- Uncommon Approaches to Commons Problems: Nested Governance Commons and Climate Change, 64 Hastings Law Journal 1273 (2013) (with Blake Hudson).
- New Day at the Pool: State Preemption, Common Pool Resources, and Non-place Based Municipal Collaborations, 36 Harvard Environmental Law Review 445 (2012).
- Named Distinguished Environmental Law Scholar by Vermont Law School (2017)
- Named Environmental & Natural Resource Distinguished Visitor by University of Oregon School of Law (2016)
- Founded and procured funding for the Drake Law Fellowship in Sustainability and Local Ordinance Project
- Co-director of Sustainable Development Code in collaboration with the University of Colorado School of Architecture and Planning and the Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute
- Leland Forrest Outstanding Professor of the Year, Drake University Law School (2013)
Jonathan Rosenbloom Curriculum Vitae