Mark Kende Profile
Director of the Constitutional Law Center
James Madison Chair in Constitutional Law
Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Constitutional Law, Comparative Constitutionalism, Civil Rights, Cyberlaw, Civil Procedure
JD – University of Chicago, Law Review
BA – Yale University, cum laude, Philosophy Honors
Drake Law School professor since 2004
Visiting professor at Notre Dame Law School
Visiting professor of law at the University of Paris II – Pantheon
Professor of law at the University of Montana Law School
Attorney at Miner, Barnhill & Galland, P.C.
Clerk for The Hon. Julian Cook Jr. of the Eastern District, Michigan
- Corruption Cases and Separation of Powers in South African and U.S. Supreme Court Cases, 60 New York Law School Law Review 183 (2016).
- Comparative Constitutional Law: South African Cases and Materials in a Global Context (Carolina Academic Press, 2015).
- Enforcing the South African Constitution: The Fight for Judicial Independence and Separation of Powers, 23 Transnational Law & Contemporary Problems 35 (2014).
- Constitutional Rights in Two Worlds, South Africa and the United States (Cambridge University Press, 2009).
- Theater Law: Cases and Materials (co-author) (Carolina Academic Press, 2004).
- Chair of the AALS Section on Constitutional Law
- Africa Section Chair of the Association of American Law Schools
- Fulbright Senior Scholar, South Africa
- Teacher of the Year Award at Montana Law School
- Scholar of the Year Award at Montana Law School
Mark Kende Curriculum Vitae
Mark Kende SSRN Author Page