Melissa Weresh Profile
Dwight D. Opperman Distinguished Professor of Law
Areas of Expertise
Legal Writing, Appellate Advocacy, Environmental Law, Ethics and Professional Responsibility
JD – University of Iowa College of Law, Order of Coif, Law Review
BA – Wake Forest University, summa cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Drake Law School professor since 1997
Associate at Buckingham, Doolittle & Burroughs
- Iowa Legal Research (co-author) (2d ed., Carolina Academic Press, 2016).
- Stars upon Thars: Evaluating the Discriminatory Impact of ABA Standard 405(c) “Tenure-Like” Security of Position, 34 Law & Inequality 137 (2016).
- Legal Research Supplement: Exercises on Lexis Advance (co-author) (4th eBook ed., Lexis/Nexis, 2015).
- What the Best Law Teachers Do, 12 Legal Communication & Rhetoric: JALWD 293 (2015).
- Rectifying Renda: Amending the Iowa Administrative Procedure Act to Remove the Legal Fiction of Legislative Delegation of Interpretive Authority, 63 Drake Law Review 591 (2015) (with Aaron Ahrendsen).
- President of the Legal Writing Institute
- Member of the LexisNexis Law School Publishing Advisory Board
- Editorial Board Member of Legal Communication & Rhetoric: JALWD
- University of Iowa College of Law Alumni Service Award (2010)
- Immediate Past Chair of the American Association of Law Schools Section on Teaching Methods
Melissa Weresh Curriculum Vitae