This page contains instructions for storing documents on Windows 10.
Using WebDAV, Windows 10 users can access and store documents saved on the Law School student file server in much the same manner you might access documents stored locally on your laptop. To connect to the student file server from a Windows PC running Windows 7, on- or off-campus, follow these instructions.
1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu, or press the Windows logo key + E.
2. Select This PC from the left pane. Then, on the Computer tab, select Map network drive.
3. In the Drive list, select a drive letter. (Any available letter will do.)
4. In the Folder box, type https://documents.drake.edu .
To connect every time you log on to your PC, select the Reconnect at sign-in check box.
5. In the Username field type: drake\9-digit banner ID
If this is a Drake owned machine you do not need to include the domain prefix drake\
In the Password field use your Drake password
6. Select Finish.
Although remote document access provides the convenience and protection of centralized storage, internet connections from home wouldn't be as fast as network access from within the Law School. For this reason it's often best to copy work from the remote file system onto your local computer, make the necessary revisions, then move the document back onto the remote file system.
For personal document storage please use Microsoft OneDrive. Instructions can be found here: https://drake.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/KB/ArticleDet?ID=39721