Events & Activities
Answering the question “what do you do for fun around here?” could take a very long time. The line-up of events and activities happening across Drake’s campus is never-ending, from guest lectures to jazz concerts, singing comedians to bulldog beauty pageants.
If you’re wondering where to start, here are a few ideas:
- Student Activities Board (SAB) Concerts—Rock to a steady stream of shows featuring acts from the nationally recognized to the up-and-coming.
- Step Show—Marvel at the rhythm and precision on display at this annual highlight, staged by our Pan-Hellenic organizations along with the Coalition of Black Students.
- Anderson Gallery— See some great art at this beautiful venue where an exhibition opening can mean the chance to chat with the artist, mingle with friends, and get inspired.
- Homecoming Events—Put your Bulldog spirit on display at a week of events leading up to the Homecoming game, from the Homecoming Picnic on Helmick Commons to window painting at Meredith Hall.
- Comedy Shows—Laugh yourself silly when a comedian, hypnotist, or other offbeat entertainer takes to the stage.
- Celebrate Drake—Stay up late at this event that keeps just about every Bulldog having fun, whether it’s playing “The Price is Right” or breaking the world record for the largest pie fight ever—an actual recent achievement.
- Residence Hall Association Traditions—Enjoy one of the events that have been adding a spark to campus life as long as anyone can remember: Stalnaker Halloween Dance, Crawford Olympics, Siblings Weekend, or just a movie night.
- Street Painting—Make some beauty under foot at an annual event in which campus groups show their spirit by applying vast amounts of paint to a broad, bright ribbon of pavement—and themselves.
- Harmon Fine Arts Center—Take in a play—a comedy, a drama, or anything in between—staged by Drake’s own talented students.
- Patty and Fred Turner Jazz Center—Catch a world-class jazz act at this venue for Drake’s award-winning ensembles, touring professionals, and local groups.
- Sweetheart Sing—Hear some songs and sing along at this harmonious and sometimes hilarious tradition dating to 1935, in which Drake’s Greek organizations take to the stage and vocalize for charity.