Tweet us @DrakeAlumni
Seven ways to connect with Drake online.
- Facebook: With about 1,600 fans (and growing every day), our alumni page is an easy way to leave us a note, post a picture or link, or just see what’s new on campus. We aim for at least one post every day but we’ll never clutter your feed. Can you find another friend with a cuter profile picture than our Beautiful Bulldog Royalty? While you’re looking, add the main Drake University Facebook page, too.
- LinkedIn: Populated by professionals and alumni from all over the country, this is a great resource for networking, soliciting recommendations and feedback, connecting with those in your field or finding friends.
- Twitter: If 140 characters is more your speed, find us in the Twitterverse. We’re often talking about upcoming events both around the country and on campus, and we love getting tweets from you, too.
- Flickr: Seeing is believing when it comes to how beautiful and busy campus is these days. From Relays tent parties to distinctlyDrake celebrations, we have photographers at almost every alumni event. Head to the alumni stream to see photos of yourself and your friends.
- RSS feed: A condensed and simple way to find stories we publish on our website. Add it to your own feed to integrate Drake into your daily intake of news.
- Online alumni community: A secure way to connect with fellow alumni to post photos, create groups and share class notes in real time — no need to wait for Drake Blue Magazine to be published. Forgot your login information? E-mail email@example.com.
- Events: Posted frequently on the alumni website, www.alumni.drake.edu, find upcoming events happening both on campus and in your city.
Keeping Drake connected
The face behind Drake’s alumni site, social media and electronic communications is Holly Worthy, JO’11, AS’11.
“I’m most excited about the position because digital media allows us to present the benefits of the alumni experience to people in new ways,” says Worthy, the assistant director of digital media. “It will be challenging because some of it hasn’t been done before at Drake, but everyone here has been receptive to taking on new initiatives.”