Outgoing mail leaves our campus at 3:00 p.m. each weekday. Most outgoing mail is sent out as regular First Class postage, unless otherwise instructed or recommended.
The following tips can help ensure that your outgoing mail is processed accurately and efficiently:
- Prepare your daily outgoing mail and place it in or around your department’s blue mailing bag before the final pick up time at your departmental mail room.
- If you miss the last pick up time, bring your mail to our office in the lower level of Olmsted by 2:45 p.m. so it can go out with the 3:00 p.m. mail pick up.
- Make your mail pieces consistent:
- All pieces should face the same direction.
- If you want us to seal the envelopes, position the flaps either all up or all down. Do not mix envelopes with up and down flaps.
- If you are sealing the envelopes, make sure they are all sealed.
- Separate international mail from domestic mail.
- Include a FOAPAL number for any mail that either lacks obvious departmental information or needs to be charged to something other than the main department mail code.
The following items are eligible for an additional postage discount:
- Standard white or light colored envelopes (not more than ¼" thick) from 3.5"x5" up to 6.125"x11.5" (addresses can be either handwritten or printed)
- Large white or light colored envelopes (not more than ¾" thick) up to 12"x15" (addresses must be printed directly on the envelope or on a label applied to the envelope)
If your mailing project contains more than 200 pieces and each piece is generic in nature, mailing at the standard nonprofit postage rate can provide additional cost savings. Contact our department at 271-3162 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.