Master of Public Administration
Drake’s Master of Public Administration (M.P.A.) takes your skillset and knowledge to the next level and provides you with the broad expertise it takes to lead a public or nonprofit organization. Drake’s M.P.A. allows you to easily integrate public management coursework with business-focused curriculum—courses taught with the public sector in mind.
Each student has specific career goals, so we make it possible for you to tailor your degree with courses in various areas of emphasis, including human resources, public policy, and executive development.
Drake’s M.P.A. is the only program offering in-person courses in central Iowa. While we do offer some online courses, we believe that the learning experience you receive in a Drake classroom just can’t be matched behind a computer.
Other program highlights include:
- Expertise—At Drake, you’ll learn from expert faculty and experienced practitioners. You’ll leave each class with lessons and skills you can apply the next day in your job and throughout your career.
- Convenience—You can finish the M.P.A. in two years, attending part time, because Drake offers more classes on nights and weekends for working professionals.
- Community—You’ll learn from experienced faculty and your peers, who come from a wide variety of industries and positions. Plus, you’ll have access to the college’s graduate alumni, who work in more than 200 companies across Iowa.
- Capstone—The final course of the program gives you the opportunity to utilize all you’ve learned toward solving a real-world problem.
- Communication—The Dardis Communication Workshop will give you the skills to deliver concise and persuasive presentations in class and at work.
Learn more about the Drake Master of Public Administration program. Plan to attend an information session, discuss your educational goals with CBPA staff, or apply now.